Pictures say a thousand words and indeed they are the best means to keep memories alive. Whether it’s your friend’s wedding or your first birthday it is actually possible to live bygone moments even after decades. However, lovely memories are best cherished when shared with your loved ones. Here comes the significance of photo online sharing in the present era. Prior to the advent of the digital age, the most popular means of photo sharing was to take double or triple prints and either mail them or give them to the person we wanted to share with. But then, this was not only expensive but also time-consuming.
The dawn of the digital age and Internet to be specific has been instrumental in easing out the photo online sharing methods. Especially, the free online photo sharing websites available have made things further hassle free. No emails, no attachments; you simply need to upload photos and specify the email address of the people on your photo sharing list. You can even create albums and display them on any social networking account you have. Since there are varied photo online sharing websites available, finding a few trendy websites that stand out in the crowd is tricky. Below is a list of four photo-sharing websites that are not only popular and offer free online photo sharing, they are the trendiest of the lot as well.
- Flickr: It is still the reigning portal in terms of features, popularity and audience when it comes to online photo sharing websites. Originally envisaged as a video game screenshot sharing portal in 2002, Flickr soon surfaced as an online photo sharing website with a bustling community. Even though, this Yahoo! owned portal offers limited space and often users are pressed to pay for unlimited accounts, Flickr users are increasing every single day. The portal allows unlimited uploading, sharing and other features. A recently included feature is the video sharing facility.
- Photobucket: Another prominent contender to the title of trendy photo online sharing website, Photobucket is a favorite among the younger people. A few years back, this portal was popular as the most hassle free image hosting and sharing portal, especially, for online community forums and blogging sites such as MySpace, etc. With Photobucket you can create and share albums, devise slide shows and share them too. The site has recently turned eyeballs with its technology driven features. It attracts both amateur and professional photographers.
- Shutterfly: A popular pick among university and college forums, Shutterfly is another name among the trendy and popular online photo sharing portals on the web. This website allows you to upload, edit, mail-to-order and even print photos. However, the reason behind its popularity among student forums is the unique feature of the portal allowing teams and groups to share and even use photos on several other websites.
- Smugmug: Though a paid photo online sharing website, Smugmug is the first choice among professional photographers. However, the best part of the portal is its attractive and user-friendly interface which turns it into one of the trendiest portals in the true sense.
- ThCult: For starters, TheCult is by far the coolest photo sharing website. Its interesting interface offers images displayed under different categories. You can upload any kind of image you like and share it with nth number of people you want.
So, to get started with online photo sharing you have to first register with one of the above mentioned websites and start sharing.